We are with a small but descriptive guide on Rockspace errors and troubleshoot the issues with the guide. But make sure you do not miss any step and also make sure to add the details exactly as told in the guide.
Firmware File Needs To Be Updated On
Make sure you download the right firmware file. But first, you need to log in to access the Rockspace extender setup portal. After login in you need to download the right firmware version. For the Rockspace extender. Make sure you download the exact firmware file for the specific model of the Rockspace. Do not forget to save the firmware file.
Upload The Right One After Downloading
Once you are done with downloading the firmware file, upload the file to the portal. Follow these steps to upload the firmware file:
- First, just locate the admin panel of the extender.
- Choose the firmware update option.
- After that, upload the firmware file that you downloaded for the extender.
- Then upload the firmware file after downloading the file for the extender.
- Press the install button to do the above steps.
- Save the settings and be happy as the device is updated.
Note: You can do a Rockspace Extender Setup using the WPS method. So turn up to the WPS method.
Use The WPS Setup For The Rockspace WiFi extender
From this method, we will just focus on the Rockspace through the WPS button. Although there are a lot of techniques to set up. But the most efficient and fast technique is the WPS.
- Activate the Rockspace Extender by plugging the device into the adapter.
- Search the WPS button on the device.
- Press the button now, on the existing router and the extender.
- After some seconds select the networks option from the list.
- You are done here with the WPS method. Choose the second method if you are not satisfied with this one.
Through the Web Address Or IP Configure The Device
When you are up for setup and nothing is there to help you. Then you have to toggle the settings. Both are almost the same and very helpful also.
For both, you need to open the computer or Laptop. First, just check the configuration through the Web address. By using the laptop just open the web browser and type re.rockspace.local. You will reach a page that is actually the portal of Rockspace. Once you are there on the page add the details like Username and Password, which are usually ‘Admin’. In the second step, you have to repeat the process till opening the web browser has empty space.
Thereafter to do the process you need to enter 192.168.0.254 if the web address is not working. In the address bar then, like the above one you will reach the portal, and then you can configure the settings again. Add the details like Username and password in the field which are told ‘Admin’. But enter the IP if the web address is not able to work.
Be free to tell us if you have any confusion regarding Rockspace Extender Setup.