Rockspace AC2100 Router Setup – Dual Band Model
We quickly respond to your doubts and provide with the right solutions.
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
The Rockspace router setup provides a fast and reliable internet connection. The process of the Rockspace router AC2100 setup and installation is very easy. You just need to follow the below directions in the given order:
Rockspace Router Setup Through RS Application
To begin with, you’ll need to connect it to your modem via an Ethernet cable. The router comes with a Cat 6 Ethernet cable that you should use for this purpose. Alternatively, you can also use any other Cat 6 or Ethernet cable. Note that some Internet connections do not require a modem. For such cases, connect the ethernet cable directly to the WAN port on the router. Now, wait for a few seconds till the WAN LED indicator turns on.
Rockspace Router AC2100 setup with RS mobile application
Use the steps given below for the Rockspace AC2100 router setup with RS mobile application:
- To start using RS mobile application, you need to download the app.
- First, open the Google Play Store or Apple Store depending on your device.
- Then, click on the RS app icon to start downloading it.
- Thereafter, follow the on-screen instructions for the installation of the RS application.
- Plug in the power cord to your router and then plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Note, if you have only one room for your network, use a standard extension cord.
- Open the WiFi internet access portal on your mobile device.
- Now, tap on your new Rock Space router’s WiFi.
- Connect the router to the internet for Rockspace router AC2100 setup.
- You can find the default network name (SSID) at the bottom of the router.
- Now, open the RS application.
- Wait, let the RS App detect your connection type.
- Next, the app detects the type of connection automatically.
- If the app fails in the detection, you need to manually choose your connection type.
- Finally, give a name and password to your router’s Wi-Fi. Click “save” or “Ok”.
- Congrats, your Rockspace router setup is successful.
Setting Up Your Rockspace Router Using Web Interface
For the Rockspace router AC2100 setup using a web address, you’ll need to connect it to your PC via an internet cable. Then, connect the router to a power source and wait for it to boot up. Now, the lights on the front of the device will start blinking after a few seconds. After that, they will stop blinking follow these steps:
- To begin with, on your computer, open Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Now, on the address bar of your browser type in http://re.rockspace.local and press Enter.
- In case, if the above address does not work, then try 192.168.1.1.
- Note that you’ll see a security warning pop up on your browser asking for permission for this domain name, click on “Continue”
- Next, type admin in the username and password field.
- Then, tap on “start”.
- Thereafter, once the connection is successful with Rock Space’s web interface (GUI), it will auto-detect the type of connection.
- Finally, set up your WiFi and admin credentials to complete your Rockspace AC2100 Router Setup.
Note: Before the Rock space router setup, unplug your existing router from the power outlet. Ensure to disconnect all of its cables as well. Moreover, to prevent any damage to your WiFi network, we recommend unplugging your modem for about five minutes or until all lights on the device have turned off.
That’s it, your router is now set up and ready to use. It is important that you follow the setup guide above carefully and get connected with your network. In case you have any questions regarding this process, please contact us using the chat option.
Accessing Rockspace Router Setup or Settings Portal
Accessing your router’s configuration menu is easy. First, connect it to your computer with an ethernet cable. Then, go to the main window of your internet browser and type the Rock space router setup IP address in the address bar and press the Enter key. It will ask for a username and password. Here, enter “admin” for both Admin Login Name & Password fields respectively.
Once you’re inside the web interface, you will have access to Wireless Settings. On that page, you can change your Wireless Network Name (SSID), Security Type (WPA/WPA2), Security Key (Passphrase), Channel Number, etc.
FAQs on Rockspace AC2100 Router Setup
In case, it says wrong credentials, reset your router to factory default settings. For that, press the Reset button which is at the back of the device with a small pin or paper clip. Now, enter the default username and password as admin to log in.
Now, go to the Wireless Security page. On that page, you can see the current wireless security key in the Key 1 field. You can modify it according to your needs. After that, click the Save button.