Are you struggling with your Rockspace WiFi extender red light issue? If your response is yes, then you are required to follow some specialist advice. In this blog, first, we will give you the reasons behind the red light error. After that, we’ll share some crucial suggestions. It will help you to sort out your Rockspace extender red light problem.
Errors Behind Rockspace Extender Red Light
- The ethernet connection is not stable.
- Outdated firmware.
- The power supply is not good.
- Serious technical issues.
- Wireless disturbance.
Fix Your Rockspace WiFi Extender Red Light Problem
Check The Cable Connection:
First, make sure the Ethernet cable properly plugs into the Ethernet port on your WiFi extender if you’re using it to create a cable connection with your devices. Your extender may have difficulty connecting to your router continuously if your cable connection is weak. Additionally, make sure all other cables connect to the suitable ports securely and correctly.
Check The Power Socket:
Verify that your Rockspace wireless extender is receiving the correct power supply before beginning the troubleshooting procedure. Surely not? It may be due to damage to the power socket that is presently in use.
One easy step, plugging your wireless range extender into a different power socket, will solve the problem.
Move Your Range Extender:
Do you know what these examples include? Washing machines, refrigerators, microwaves, Bluetooth speakers, cell phones, baby monitors, cordless phones, and televisions. They are, in fact, examples of smart home appliances.
The signals that your extender tries to extend can block by these gadgets. You should move your Rockspace range extender to the right place. This will help you resolve the Rockspace WiFi extender red light issue by moving WiFi interference devices away from your extender.
In addition, be sure to maintain a safe distance between your Rockspace extender and glass panels like fish tanks and mirrors.
Restart Your device:
Did glitches 1 through 4 not help you fix the red light problem with the Rockspace WiFi extender? That is regrettable, to be sure. But keep trying. Because there is still a way to reboot the device and fix the red light problem, this is the reason.
Do not obsess. It’s simple to restart your wireless range extender. Here are the steps you need to follow in case you still think you need guidance shifting forward:
- Firstly, switch off the wireless extender from Rockspace.
- Now, remember to give yourself enough time to wait.
- Lastly, turn on your device.
Confirm to see if the red light changes to a green light after you finish restarting your device.
Unjustified Safety Protocols:
Each of your routers and extender will have connection issues if their security procedures are dissimilar or incompatible. Therefore, verify that your WiFi extender is compatible with the security protocols of your router. WPA, WPA2, and WPA3 are the security protocols that Rockspace Wi-Fi gadgets support. Confirm that your router is compatible with these security protocols.
Upgrade The Firmware of your device:
If you try all the methods, then upgrade your extender from time to time. Your Rockspace wireless extender’s performance can improve by updating the firmware in addition to helping you resolve the red light issue.
Are you considering how to update the Rockspace extender’s firmware? Well, carrying out the procedure is quite easy. All you have to do to complete the process is going to re.Rockspace.local, log in to the extender and follow the instructions on the screen.
In the unlikely event that you are unable to update the firmware on your Rockspace extender using the Manual method, it is advised that you contact our technical experts. They will make you familiar with the step-by-step instructions for carrying out the firmware update process without wasting your valuable time.
Reset your Extender:
Your extender is probably sensitive to interference if none of the aforementioned methods are discussed to resolve the connection problem. Consider resetting your Wi-Fi extender to resolve this. Eliminating any interference that can hamper the router’s signals, should assist in resolving the connection problem.
- First, find and press the reset button on your Rockspace Wi-Fi extender.
- Now, for a few seconds, hold the button.
- As a result, for a manual router reset, let’s go off the button.
Note: If you are still facing the red light issue in your WiFi extender, then you should check your Rockspace WiFi router.
Update The Software Of The Router
There are two methods to update the software of the router.
- Via WiFi app
- Via Web browser
By WiFi App
- First, you have to connect your device to the router’s WiFi network.
- Secondly, install the RS WiFi app and log in to them.
- After that, click on the image of your router.
- Now, go to the tool page and update the system.
- As a result, update the latest software if it is available.
By Web Browser
- First, back up the router configuration prior to a firmware update. If anything goes incorrect, restore the router configuration with the file which you have saved.
- Make sure that you don’t power off your router during the time of the firmware update.
Note: Before starting first you have to connect your device to the router’s WiFi network and login to the web management page of your router.
For The Backup Of Router Configuration
- Firstly, go to the system settings and click on restore/backup.
- After that, download and save a copy of the current settings on your local computer.
Backup Configuration Settings
- First, go to settings and tap on the restore button.
- Now, open a restore configuration file on your computer.
- After that, wait for a few minutes to reboot and restore it.
Reset Rockspace Router
There are three methods to reset Rockspace Router
- Firstly, reset your WiFi router via WPS.
- Secondly, reset the Rockspace router via App.
- Last is via a Web browser.
- First, you have to power off your router.
- Now, in just 8-10 seconds, press and hold the reset button.
- After completing seconds release the button.
- As a result, the router will reset automatically.
- If you are using Rockspace WiFi router then go to the ROCK WiFi app.
- Open the app, click on information, go to more settings, and click on factory reset settings.
- After this, your router will reset automatically.
By Web Browser
- First, connect it to the router network.
- Now, go to the web management page of the router.
- After doing this you will enter the settings of the router.
- Next, you have to go into the setting.
- Then go to tools.
- After this, click on the system.
- Last, reset your router.
In A Nutshell
In short, after reading this article we hope your Rockspace WiFi extender red light issue is now solved but if you still face any issues then discuss them with our team members. It will help you to solve the problem. Stay and wait for more updates.