Are you also facing a rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issues? If you are saying ‘yes’ then don’t look anywhere because we are here to give you some solving guidelines. So read this very carefully,
Prior to moving on to the solving tips, let’s see the major suspect why this issue occurs,
Why Does Your Rockspace WiFi Extender Keeps Disconnecting?
These are some reasons for this issue,
- The extender keeps disconnecting due to your router being turned off or network errors.
- Due to broken hardware.
- Power malfunction with the power outlet.
- An issue with your router.
- The Rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting due to wireless interference’s.
- Due to the placement of an extender.
How You Can Troubleshoot Your Extender Disconnecting Issue
These are the few reasons by which you can solve your rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue,
Reconnect Extender To Router Via WPS
- In the first method, we suggest that you reconnect your extender to the router. In many cases, the issue will be solved with a simple reconnection by a WPS button on your both extender and router.
- Use the below steps to learn how to connect your extender to the router via WPS.
- First, you have to locate and hold the WPS button on your router for 8-10 seconds.
- Now, press the WPS button on your extender for 8-10 seconds as well.
- Once the LED button of both the extender and router start flashing slowly, then release it and wait for the extender to connect with the router.
Join Extender To PC
It is also the easiest way to fix your extender manually with your PC and laptop with the help of an ethernet cable. Follow these steps to connect the extender to the PC,
- First, all of you have to purchase an ethernet cable.
- Your laptop and PC must be closer to the extender.
- Attach the ethernet cable to your extender.
- Now, attach the other end of the ethernet cable to the computer port.
- For managing the dashboard, open any type of web browser and type re.rockspace.local in the URL bar.
- Once you enter the dashboard, then you will be advised to follow the easiest setup process of an extender. Which will resolve a number of issues.
Check Out Your Network
If the extender continuously disconnects then you should check out the overall maintenance of your network. By this step, you will be able to determine that if your issue is related to a bad signal and slow internet connection then you can solve them easily.
These are the few steps by which you can solve network issues.
Power Cycle Your Router
To complete and hard reset your router, follow the given below steps,
- First of all, you have to disconnect your router from the power socket.
- Wait 3 minutes prior to putting the plug back in.
Reconnect All The Cables
To confirm that the power adaptor, internet, and ethernet cable in the router and extender configuration are connected strongly. Reconnect all of them once again and place them in a natural position.
Update The Software Of An Extender
It is also possible that a rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting due to outdated software of an extender. Update the software of the extender manually, not automatically. If don’t know how to update an extender from the setup page then follow this,
- First, you have to go to the rockspace extender login page.
- Once logged in, go to the administration tab.
- Below the administration, tab clicks on the firmware update option.
- See the latest version of the software and download the updated firmware on your computer.
- Now, wait for the installer to complete it.
Check The Configuration Of An Extender
The Rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting; it may occur due to entering the wrong WiFi password or not connect to the main router. You require to go to the login page of an extender and make sure the WiFi security key is configured the same as configured for the main WiFi router. Follow these steps,
- First, you have to connect your range extender to the LAN port from your laptop or computer.
- Open a web browser and type the official website of rockspace.
- Login with the default username and password.
- Use the same password if you changed it already.
- Now go to the settings of WiFi and connect it again with the working WiFi password.
- After the full configuration, your disconnecting issue is solved
Do Factory Reset
If you are still facing an issue after following these steps then we have one last method that you can try. Follow these below steps to do a factory reset of your extender and solve the problem.
- You can see the factory reset button at the side panel of your extender.
- Press the factory reset button tightly and hold it for 30 seconds.
- When the light of the indicator turns red then release your finger from the factory reset button.
After reading this article your rockspace WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue is now solved. If you are still facing an issue then discuss it with us. So stay tuned for these types of updates.