We’ll talk about the faulty issue with the Rockspace extender in this post. You must be coping with these problems if you are here. The failure of your Rockspace extender could be caused by a variety of factors. Here are some solutions to this problem.
Having No LED Light On Rockspace Extender
You can unplug the extender from the router if it isn’t lit up solidly. That takes place whenever you update the program or alter the WiFi password. To solve your issue, try the methods below:
- If you do not upgrade the firmware on your router and extension, your first option is to do a power cycle on the device.
- To update your WiFi password, you must first reset and rearrange your extender. Following that, if you don’t know how to reset it, go to re.rockspace.local and follow the instructions.
- Next, avoid using a powerline adaptor to connect your Rockspace extension.
- The power connection of the gadget is commonly impacted by the main power.
- Check the condition of the power cord.
- Last but not least, confirm that the electrical outlet is turned on.
Rockspace Repeater Showing Red Light
If your Rockspace extender’s red light is on, you may be experiencing some network problems. There are possibly a number of barriers separating your router and Rockspace extender if the latter is unwilling to actually receive signals from the former. To solve your issue, try the methods below:
- Initially, connect to the WiFi network using the extender. You can manually or automatically configure your extension.
- You can now check the router’s WiFi channel setting. Raise or switch to automated channel selection.
- Then, if you don’t know how to upgrade firmware for good performance, you can use re.rockspace.local.
Rockspace Extender Shows Blinking LEDs
A hardware or software problem could be the cause of your Rockspace extender blinking light in this scenario. To solve your difficulty, try the methods below:
- You can reset your Rockspace extender. Hold the reset button down for 30 seconds after the electricity is connected.
- Update Your Extender’s Firmware to get the optimized performance.
- You could try to replace your smartphone if it’s still under warranty in the alternate case.
Resolving Errors Of Your Gadget
If you’re experiencing errors with your Rockspace extender, here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to try to resolve the issue:
Check Your Connections
Ensure that your Rockspace extender correctly connects to your router and that both devices’ power should be on. Also, make sure that the Ethernet cable connecting the extender and router should plug in securely.
Reset The Extender
If the connections are exemplary, try resetting the extender by pressing the reset button on the device for 10-15 seconds. Afterward, the reset is complete, try setting it up again.
Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Rockspace extender. If there are, download and install them to ensure that your device is running on the latest version.
Check Network Settings
Make sure that your network setting is configured correctly. Ensure that the IP address of the extender is in the same subnet as your router. You can also try changing the channel of your network to reduce interference.
Move The Extender
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, try moving the extender to a different location. Place it closer to your router and away from any potential sources of interference such as metal objects, microwaves, and other wireless devices.
Contact Customer Support
If the above steps do not work, you can contact our technical experts for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or offer a replacement if the device is faulty.
We hope that after reading this blog, you will understand everything there is to know about repairing your Rockspace WiFi extension and its LED light. Nonetheless, if you have any issues, talk to us about them. Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can call +1 716-992-6370 to speak with one of our specialists immediately.