Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup Basic Guide
We quickly respond to your doubts and provide with the right solutions.
Live Chat with our experts & get real-time answers to all your queries.
The Rockspace WiFi extender setup works like a repeater to minimize the existing router’s signals. Though the installation process does not require any technical terms or technicians. You can easily perform it on your own once you get the basic information of the whole process. So, read this information and points thoroughly.
Rockspace Extender Overview And Features
The portable and compact Rockspace extender comes with all the latest and most powerful features. For connectivity, it has a WPS button and can be connected through a web-based setup page. It works on dual 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands which offers the highest internet speed even at the WiFi dead spots. The interesting fact is that it is compatible with any brand of router and you can connect up to 32 devices with it.
WPS Installation Method
The WPS function is such a push-to-connect method to install the Rockspace WiFi extender setup. But, to use this approach, verify that your router has a WPS button and it must be working well. Further, make use of these steps.
- After joining the antennas to the extender, plug it into a power socket.
- Turn the switch on, check the LED and make the extender ready to configure.
- Place and fix your existing router near the extender for a better connection.
- Now, press the router’s WPS button for a short while to make it findable.
- Then, after a few seconds, push the extender’s WPS button till the LED starts blinking.
- A few moments later, the LEDs will become stable by making the connection successful.
- Lastly, join your device to network and enjoy the highest internet speed.
Thus, in this method, there is no need to use any login credentials or any web or IP address. This is why it is the quickest and easiest approach to configuring your Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup.
Setup On Web Browser
Asides from that approach, you can access the web browser on any device to install the extender easily. Here, you will require the extender’s default web or IP address while executing this. Collect these things and follow the rest of the steps.
- Join the Rockspace extender to a power outlet and take your device.
- Following this, connect your mobile or PC to the extender’s wireless network.
- If you are using any mobile, make sure to disable the mobile data.
- Whereas, for the PC connection, remove the ethernet wire from it.
- Select the right network from the list and insert the password to connect it.
- Later, open the web browser of the latest version on that connected device.
- In the search bar, type the extender’s default web or IP address.
- The extender’s default web address is re.rockspace.local and the IP address is 192.168.0.254.
- As you click enter after inserting this address, the web browser will bring you to the login page.
- On that screen page, set an admin password and note down that for later use.
- Afterward, go to the WiFi network list and select the network that you want to extend.
- Next, insert the prompted password of that WiFi network and click Extend.
- As a result, a popup message of “Extended Successfully” will show on the screen.
Note: Besides that, you can choose to make a wired connection on your PC or laptop rather than a wireless one. In that case, you can use an ethernet wire and insert the wire ends into the extender and device ports.
Some Consideration Points Of Rockspace Extender
Equally important, getting an uninterrupted signal is the next step after the configuration of the extender. So, utilize these directions appropriately which will help you to achieve this.
- First and foremost is to check the LED indication of the extender.
- Through this, you will get to know about the extender’s working and connection.
- After configuring the extender, place it where you want to receive a stable and strong internet connection.
- But, must place it halfway between your router and the connected device.
- Also, keep the metallic and electric appliances away from the extender.
- Prefer to use the different web browsers on your device and these must be updated.
- Moreover, verify the extender’s firmware version and update it on time.
Note: Run the Speed Test on the browser to confirm whether you are getting the optimized internet speed or not. Additionally, stream online music and video games or transfer large files on your device to check this.
Resolving Tips For Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup
In any case, if you face any error while using the extender, use these troubleshooting tips.
Unplug The Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup
After utilizing the above-mentioned steps, if the extender is continuously showing errors in performance, unplug it immediately. On the other hand, disconnect your devices from it and leave the extender and the router unplugged for some time. Later, plug the extender again and connect your device and check it’s working.
Reset The Extender
Apart from that method, use the reset function to discard the errors in the working. Keep in mind one thing, you will need to reconfigure your extender as this will delete the settings. In order to do this, push the reset button for a few seconds and let it do the factory reset. After this, configure the extender again.
Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup FAQs
As you get the extender, join the antennas on both sides in the upward-standing position. Then, fix the extender’s power cords into a power outlet. The LED on the extender will change color after setting it up.
The Rockspace WiFi extender setup’s panel has several holes for ventilation purposes. Sometimes, after continuous usage, the extender starts overheating. Clearly, these holes work to cool down that heating.
First, download the latest firmware file on your PC from the official website accordingly. Then, choose and upload that file on the Upgrade Firmware option and start the Updating process. While updating this, don’t turn off your PC.