The Rockspace extender is such a useful device that actually works to amplify the existing internet signals. Although to get this device at your place, you can use its easy WPS installation process. But, the process might be difficult for you if you are using it for the first time. However, here are some simple setup tips that you can try out to perform the process hassle-free.
How Does Rockspace Extender Works?
Prior to starting the setup process, it is crucial to know about the Rockspace extender setup. Basically, it acts as a repeater that works to repeat and boost the current internet signals after attaching them to the router. Almost all the rockspace extenders are compatible and can connect to every other router. The WPS button in the extender allows users to install the device in less time and with little effort.
Unbox The Rockspace Extender
After getting the extender, first, do its unboxing. Take the extender, cables, and a manual guide from the box and attach the extender hardware together. After that, you can use the wires in case you want to make a wired connection between the extender and router. In addition, the manual setup guide will contain brief details about the product and its login credentials.
Extender WPS Setup Process
After attaching the extender together, begin the setup process immediately. Interestingly, this is the process that consumes less effort and time and does not require any specific thing except the router.
- First, plug the extender into a power socket and turn the switch ON.
- Ensure to check the router’s WPS button and also plug it into another power socket.
- After doing this, use the WPS button from both devices separately.
- As you do this, the WPS lights on both devices will notify you about the process completion.
Prerequisites For Extender Setup Process
In any case, your router does not have a WPS button or it is not working perfectly. Or if you want to access the login and setup page to make changes in the settings. Then, choose another setup process but collect the things earlier that you will require to use in this method.
- Any device and access to its web browser or the Google Play Store.
- The ethernet cables to make the wired connections.
- Your existing router must have an active internet connection.
- Lastly, the extender’s default login and web or IP details.
Web-Based Portal Setup
After collecting the requirements, choose to start the installation process soon.
- Connect your device to the extender network to access its web portal.
- Next, open the web browser and type the extender’s web or IP address.
- Enter wifi.wavlink.com or 192.168.10.1 in the search bar and click enter.
- After reaching the setup page, do login thereby inserting the login details.
- As you do that, the setup window will be on your device screen soon.
- Following this, begin the setup process by choosing the network.
- As a result, the rockspace extender setup procedure will finish in this way.
Relocate The Extender
Once you are done with the extender setup procedure, unplug it and choose another place and another power socket to plug it in. Now, you can locate it at the place where you face WiFi dead spots. But, while doing this, ensure that the extender is getting enough signals from the router. Here it is reckoned you to not move the extender too close or too near the existing router.
Check The Extender Network
After relocating the Rockspace WiFi extender setup, check immediately the installed extender settings. Examine whether the extender is receiving proper electricity power from the source or not. More than that, make sure your extender, router, and devices are connected well together. The wireless network you chose must be official and the ethernet cables and ports must be operating optimally.
Furthermore, you can install the Rockspace WiFi smart app to monitor the extender’s network. Be sure to activate the extender’s both frequency bands for optimized performance. Lastly, choose and change the bandwidth channels from the extender’s advanced settings.
Update Extender Software
To get the maximized performance of the extender, you must be aware of the extender’s latest firmware updates. To do this, go to the extender’s web-based setup portal and see the latest version there. Download the file if there is any latest available and store it on your laptop or PC. After that, upload the file on the firmware update option and begin the process finally.
Once you applied all these useful points to the extender’s network, you will surely start to get stable signals for your devices. If you are unable to do, then definitely get in touch with the Rockspace WiFi Extender Setup support technicians to achieve that. Either drop your doubts at email@example.com or call +1-408-477-8750 to contact them.