The AC1200 WiFi range extender has an extremely user-friendly setup process. Do you want to learn how to configure the Rockspace AC1200 extender in its default settings? If you answered yes to either of those questions, then you will need to read everything on this page. Let’s get this thing rolling, shall we?
The Prerequisites for the Extender Login and Setup Procedure
- Get a hold of the device that includes Wi-Fi
- Required to be familiar with the login credentials
- Having an active plan for connecting to the internet
- Register Your Account With The Rockspace AC1200 Extender
- You should begin by taking the WiFi device you now have in your hand and connecting it to the Rockspace extender network.
- Now, launch Chrome, go to the HTML icon in your browser’s address bar, and type in re.rockspace.local.
- After that, the web administration page will load on your screen where you are now working.
- Complete the required fields with your login information, including your username and password.
- As a result, the procedure for logging in as a Rockspace extender has been completed.
Perform the Installation of the Rockspace AC1200 Extender
In order to complete the Rockspace AC1200 setup, there are two different methods available.
Simply by pressing the WPS Button
Place the power plug for the Rockspace AC1200 extension into an electrical outlet that is close to the primary router.
- At this point, you need to activate the WPS feature on both the router and the extension device.
- After that, the WPS LED on both devices will begin alternating between solid and blinking states.
- Your AC1200 extender has successfully connected to the router, as this message indicates.
Setup and Configuration of the Rockspace AC1200 Extender Web Browser
- Connect the Rockspace AC1200 extension to a power source using the appropriate plug.
- The next step is to wait for the LEDs to completely become blue.
- After some time has passed, link the WiFi gizmo to the Rockspace EXT network.
- Now, launch Google Chrome on a device that is linked to your WiFi network, and type in the web gateway or address re.rockspace.local.
- After you have completed this step, enter your login information.
- After that, navigate to the New Extender Setup page and follow the instructions there.
In conclusion, ensure that you carry out the procedure of configuring the Rockspace AC1200 extender in accordance with all of the instructions displayed.
Note: If, after setting up the AC1200 WiFi extender, you experience any kind of difficulty, then you will need to take into consideration the troubleshooting methods that are provided below in order to resolve the issue.
Find a Solution to the Problem with the Rockspace AC1200 Extender/Repeater
Check the Distance Between the Extender and the Router
In order to solve the problem with the extender, you will need to investigate the distance that exists between the extender and the router device. Be sure that the distance between the extender and the device serving as the router is not at its limit. Additionally, make sure that your extension device is not located near any metal appliances. This is important because metal appliances have the ability to soak up the WiFi signals that are broadcast by your extender device and your router device.
Enhance the Functions of the Rockspace AC1200 Extender Software
You will need to go to the Rockspace web administration page in order to update the software that is installed on the Rockspace AC1200 extender. After that, seek a possibility involving administration. After that, select the option to upgrade the firmware. In conclusion, you need to download the most recent version of the firmware file onto your desktop or laptop computer; this may take a few minutes.