The Rockspace extender is a device that can extend your existing router’s WiFi signals effectively. Though to set up the extender, you can choose its WPS easy setup method. But, if your router is not compatible with the WPS feature, then you can opt for the web setup process. This process needs some specific things and basic steps to be taken which are mentioned below. Keep reading this information carefully.
Other Setup Processes Requirements
Apart from the WPS setup method, there are two processes: the app setup and the web setup. These two processes have some prerequisites that you will need to use to execute the process. Here is a list of those things, go through that once and make sure to collect them prior to starting the Rockspace extender setup process.
- The extender’s login details and the web/IP address.
- Your router must have an active internet plan.
- An ethernet cable for wired better connectivity.
- Your device must have access to a web browser and app store.
- Lastly, the power socket with an uninterrupted electricity supply.
Web-Based Setup Process
In the first process, take your device and make it networked and follow the rest of the steps from here.
- Plug the extender into a power socket and check the LED on its panel.
- Once the power LED becomes stable, move to the next step immediately.
- Make sure your home router is placed and plugged closer to the extender.
- Soon, the extender’s network will start appearing in the network list.
- Now, attach your device to the extender using its wireless network.
- Alternatively, make a wired connection using an ethernet cable.
- After making the connection, open any web browser on the device.
- Search for the extender’s web or IP address in the browser.
- The Rockspace extender setup’s portal will display on the screen.
- Do login on to the portal using the extender’s default login details.
- After that, select the network from the next page and enter the password.
- In this way, the extender setup process will complete easily and quickly.
Rockspace Extender App Setup
Alternatively, you can execute the app setup process, if you are facing errors in the first setup method. In this process, open the Google Play Store on your Android mobile. However, if you are using an iOS device, get the app from the Apple App Store. After doing this, open the app and tick mark the terms and conditions for the further process. Next, fill in the login credentials in the required field and click on the Sign-In button. From the next page, you can choose the network of the extender. Later, it is advisable to change the extender’s network name and password to make it different from others.
Thus, the setup process of the Rockspace extender is complete and the extended network will become ready to use. But, if you face any difficulty in the process or any error in the working, then contact our experts. We will help you to do the process without getting any obstructions.