Got a new Rockspace extender for the first time but aren’t aware of its setup? Don’t worry, that is not as a daunting task as you seem it, you can execute that yourself. So, become familiar with that using the tips mentioned in this blog and have a successful setup later.
Different Ways For Setup
Though there are three different setup methods available you can try an alternative if you fail in any. All of those approaches have different Rockspace WiFi extender setup points and prerequisites too. These are the WPS, web-based, and WiFi app processes.
The first method only requires you to have a WPS-compatible router whereas the other two methods require accessing the setup portals. So, go through those approaches separately and execute your preferred setup carefully.
WPS Way For Extender Setup
The first and foremost setup is through the WPS buttons, which involves using and pressing those buttons. So, once your extender is ready for setup, follow these points:
- Place the extender near the existing router for a stable connection.
- Check the power LEDs on both devices which must be ideal.
- Press the WPS button from the Rockspace extender for a few seconds.
- Later, press the same WPS button from the existing router.
- Now, wait for some time and let them make a connection.
- Again check the LED panel to get the setup confirmation.
- Stable WPS lights on both devices will denote the setup completion.
Relax, if you fail in the first method or your router does not support a WPS button, use this method. Take your networked device and access the rockspace WiFi extender setup portal using the web/IP address. Now, log into the extender, insert the default username and password, and click login. Finally, follow the setup instructions shown on the device screen for the setup completion.
App Setup Process
The final method will prompt you to install the RS WiFi app on the smartphone through the app store.
- Install the app on your Android phone through the Google Play Store.
- Or use the Apple App Store to get the same app on your iOS device.
- Sign into your extender in the same way you follow the web method.
- Now, start following the directions displayed on the screen.
- Finally, attach more devices to the network after completing the setup.
Thus, you will be successful in executing the Rockspace WiFi extender setup using those tips. However, if you are confused at any point during or after the setup, get in touch with our tech expert.