Are you also facing any rockspace extender setup issues in the setup? If you are nodding yes, then don’t be worried. We are here to give you a simple solution to solve this issue. So read this article very carefully.
First, here are some reasons why people face trouble with extender setup:
- No Internet In Laptop And Computer.
- Website of wavlink extender is not working properly.
- You are using the wrong password.
- Trouble connecting to WiFi signals.
- The IP address of the router does not detect it automatically.
How To Solve Setup Issues
Check All The Wired Connection
Check all the wires which are connected to your router and extender. If you see any damaged wires then replace them with new ones. After replacing the cables check your laptop and computer. If you see an internet connection on your computer or laptop then you can relax. Lastly, you know how to set up a rockspace extender.
Update Firmware Of extender
Upgrade of the firmware will help you to solve the extender setup issues. If you don’t know how to update the firmware of the extender. Then follow these steps carefully,
Note: If you are having Rockspace AC1200 extender follow these steps
- First, open a web browser on your mobile and type re.rockspace.local in the web browser’s address bar.
- Now you will see the login page of the extender on your screen.
- Fill in the login credentials that are required on the screen.
- After that, you will enter the settings of the extender and click on the administration option.
- Now, pick a firmware update option and click on the extender firmware updates.
Check the Placement Of Extender
The best location for your extender is to place the central location of your router and computer. Must be sure that the extender is in the wireless range of the router.
Tip: However, if you have a different location then move your extender closer to the device or in the wireless range of the router.
Reset WiFi Extender
Note: After trying all the above troubleshooting tips, you are still facing trouble in the setup of the extender. Then this is the last method but not least. Follow these steps,
- First, look for the reset button on your extender.
- That you can find it on the back side of the extender.
- Press and hold up a reset button for just 8 to 10 seconds with the help of a paperclip.
- After this, your device will reset completely.
We hope after these few tips, your rockspace extender setup issues in the setup has been solved after trying these methods.
Note: After the reset, your extender will ask you to set it up again. If you don’t know how to setup then follow these steps carefully.
Setup Rockspace Extender Via WPS
These are the few simple steps to set up the rockspace extender
- First, Turn on your extender. Connect your rockspace extender to a power socket and switch on the plug.
- Wait until the light of the extender turns solid blue.
- Must be sure that both the router and extender are in the same room during the extender setup.
- Once the light turns to solid blue press the WPS button of the router.
- Wait for the light of the extender to turn the light into solid blue.
- You must ensure that you press the WPS button of the extender just within two minutes after pressing the button of the router.
- After all the above steps you can unplug your extender and place it in a new location. Be sure Both router and extender are not far away from each other.
Note: If your router does not have a WPS button then follow another step to setup their Rockspace extender
Setup Rockspace Extender Via Ethernet Cable
- Use an ethernet cable to connect the WiFi extender to the computer.
- Open any type of web browser on your computer and go to the rockspace extender setup page. Hit the enter button.
- After this, you will see a login page on your screen.
- Fill in all the credentials which you will find on the box of the rockspace extender.
- Click on the extender option to get started with the setup process.
- Follow the guidance of the setup extender which is shown on your screen.
- Next, click on the save button to start changes.
- When you have done this process then you change the location of the extender and place it in a new place.
- As a result, checking the speed of the internet is accessible in dead spots of the network.
We hope this article will help you to solve the issues of the rockspace of the extender setup. If you are still having any doubts regarding this then feel free to discuss it with us. Stay tuned for such posts.