Rockspace WiFi extenders are designed to be easy to set up. It can be physically connected to your router or computer using a network cable, or it can be wirelessly connected using an existing WiFi network. Here are three quick setup and usage instructions for the Rockspace WiFi Extender:
On a Computer, Install the Rockspace Extender.
Rockspace Extender Setup is simple to complete using a PC. Just follow these guidelines:
- In the first place, utilize an Ethernet wire to associate your PC and Rockspace WiFi Extender.
- Next, download the Rockspace app from the App Store.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your device to your phone or tablet now that the app is open.
- If you don’t have a mobile device, you can use software called WebUI.
- It will configure every setting on your device using a web browser like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, or another.
Setup Rackspace Extender via IP Address
To set up Rockspace Extender using IP Address, you need to follow the beneath steps:
- Step 1: In the first place, you should associate your Rockspace WiFi Extender with a power source. The next step is to enter re.rockspace.local into the browser on your smartphone or computer.
- Step 2: After that, select the “WiFi Extender” option and move down the page until you find the button that says “Add New WiFi Extender.” It is located at the page’s bottom. If there are no other Rackspace Wi-Fi extenders connected to your network, this button will only appear. If not it will be dark out and inert.
Utilizing the WPS Button to Associate Your WiFi Extender With Your Switch
WPS represents a Wi-Fi Safeguarded Setup. It is a protocol that makes it easier to quickly connect your router to the WiFi Extender. You simply have to press only one button on every gadget. The most common way of interfacing your Rockspace WiFi Extender with your switch through WPS is extremely basic and requires a couple of moments to finish.
- Go to the Settings page in your cell phone application, then, at that point, tap on Availability – Add Gadget.
- On the following screen, select Make New Gadget without any preparation and afterward follow the moves toward adding an unstable passageway (AP). You’ll require a couple of things before beginning:
- First, the MAC address of your Rockspace WiFi extender.
- Second is your home organization’s secret key or security key.
What to Do If Rockspace WiFi Extender Not Working
If your WiFi extender isn’t working, then the time has come to take a look at it. Remove the WiFi extender from its location and examine its condition to accomplish this. Additionally, if there are any mechanical harms or some other issues in it, you want to contact Rockspace client assistance for supplanting or fixing.
If, on the off chance everything is good to go with the WiFi extender, you want to reset it to check regardless of whether it works appropriately. Furthermore, you additionally need to ensure that your WiFi extender is associated with your switch’s organization link and check assuming there are any issues with the switch’s power supply association.
Additionally, if your Rockspace WiFi Extender is not functioning, check the power. Ensure that it is on. In addition, if you have multiple extenders, check to see that they are all powered on. Try restarting your router after checking the power. Be that as it may, on the off chance that you actually can’t interface with the extender, resetting your switch might help.